First conceived in 2010 but only formally launched in May 2015, Running SA has been created as a hub for the recreational running community in South Australia. Running SA is a vehicle to celebrate, promote, advocate for and showcase recreational running in South Australia. Whilst Running SA has a number of events that it owns and operates, it also partners with other local events and programs, which form part of a national program involving more than 300,000 participants. Running SA’s local reach through its own events and partner events such as the City-Bay Fun Run consists of a network of in excess of 45,000 participants annually.
Running SA also offers a range of exciting products and services (some of which are still under development). These include:
- local news, tips, interviews, and exclusive blogs providing information and insights for runners of all ages and abilities
- a range of membership options including a low cost options for recreational runners and walkers offering discounts to events owned by Running SA
- exclusive discounts on partner events (for example Stadium Stomp)and products Running SA
- a network of digital media channels to assist in the promotion of recreational running and walking in South Australia
- access to exclusive events and programs
- provision of insurance, event promotion, and event management services to partner events (fees apply)
- exclusive member discounts on event entry for Running SA affiliate partners across Australia (e.g. Run NSW, Victorian Running Network)
From free weekly Park Run events to programs such as the Women’s Recreational Running Network to South Australian icons such as the City-Bay, Running SA aims to bring together the entire recreational running community in South Australia.
Running SA – Connecting the South Australian Running Community